Adults - $5.00 Children under 16y/o - Free
Established in 1913 as the Clarence River Coursing Club, the first meeting was held on the original site at Carrs Creek on the 7th May 1913.
The Club moved to the current site in 1933 and the first meeting was held on 1st April 1933. The first track in 1933 was a right handed track with only one distance (440 yards).
In 1937 the name was changed to the Grafton Greyhound Racing Club and has continued to conduct the July Racing Carnival annually in conjunction with the Clarence River Racing Club to this day.
On 10th August 1983 the Club was incorporated as the Grafton Greyhound Racing Club Limited.
In 2020, approval was granted for a new track and facilities to be built at Grafton, the $4.6 million project the largest ever undertaken by Greyhound Racing NSW.
A focus of the new track was the safety of the greyhounds, with the track built to the latest Design and Construction Minimum Standards with wider turn radius, improved track cambers and transitions and strategically placed starting positions to provide a safer transit for greyhounds.
The new track, which was opened in June 2021, has the latest technology in starting boxes, lighting, lure design, and timing system. The track has three racing distances: 350m, 450m and 660m.
President John Corrigan (0401 199 199)
Vice President Warren Munford
Treasurer Des Winters
Directors Steven Keep, Arther Lysaught, David Lynch & Peter Williams
Track Curator Thomas Gapps
Groundsman Logan Staff
Lure Driver Alex White (GRNSW)
Open 90 mins to race 1 & close 45 mins prior to race 1.
ALL MORNING TRIALS TO BE BOOKED.
Other trial times by arrangement (02) 6642 3713 or John Corrigan - 0401 199 199