LADBROKES MILLION DOLLAR CHASE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Greyhound Racing New South Wales (GRNSW) advises owners and trainers of their obligations under the Terms and Conditions of Entry to the TAB Million Dollar Chase (Event). These Terms and Conditions of Entry apply to all owners and/or trainers (Nominator(s)) who nominate a greyhound/s to compete at any race meetings which form part of the Event and/or any Associated Event (as defined below), including (but not limited to):
● Qualifying Series (Regional and City) – scheduled to be held 30TH August 2023 – 30th September 2023 ● Semi-Finals – scheduled to be held on 6th October; and ● Grand Final – scheduled to be held on 13th October 2023.
Nomination of any greyhound for any race meeting, which forms part of the Event, and/or any Associated Event is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Conduct of Race Meetings 1. The conduct of race meetings which form part of the Event or Associated Events is subject to: (a) the Greyhound Welfare Integrity Commission (GWIC) Greyhound Racing Rules; and (b) the GRNSW Grading Policy. 2. In the event that there is conflict between the Terms and Conditions of Entry and the grading policy, the Terms and Conditions of Entry will prevail.
Event eligibility 3. GRNSW has sole discretion to accept or reject the nomination of any greyhound for entry to compete in the Event or Associated Event for any reason whatsoever. (a) There is no limit to the number of Qualifying races (Regional) in which a greyhound can compete, unless they have already qualified for the Semi Finals.
4. The Event Regional Qualifying Heats (a) Nominations will only be accepted if a greyhound is directly nominated into the series. (b) GRNSW reserve the right to grade the number of races as determined by the nominations. (c) Where possible preference will be given to drawing full fields. (d) Maidens Ineligible
5. There will be 17 Qualifying Venues held at 17 Regional NSW tracks, as follows:
6. The Event Regional Qualifying Finals
(a) Greyhounds eligible to compete in the Event Regional Qualifying finals will be as follows: (i) if 2 heats conducted: first, second, third & fourth place getters; (ii) if 3 heats conducted: first and second place getters + 2 fastest third place getters; (iii) if 4 heats conducted: first and second place getters; (iv) if 5 heats conducted: 5 x first place getters + 3 fastest second placed runners; (v) if 6 heats conducted: 6 x first place getters + 2 fastest second placed runners; (vi) if 7 heats conducted: 7 x first place getters + 1 fastest second placed runner; and (vii) if 8 heats conducted: 8 x first placed runners. (viii) If more than 8 heats conducted: 8 fastest heat winners will qualify.
(b) Reserves for the Regional qualifying finals will be drawn from the greyhounds which finish in the order Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, (on times). (c) The greyhounds placing First, Second and Third in each Qualifying Final (Regional) will qualify for the Semi-Finals. If the greyhound placing First, Second or Third becomes ineligible for the Semi-Finals, then the greyhound will be drawn from City Qualifying Finals on 30th September 2023. (d) The winner and placegetters of the 2023 Dapto Megastar Final automatically qualify for the event semi finals on 6th October 2023. (e) The winner and placegetters of the 2023 Newcastle Black Top Final automatically qualify for the event semi finals on 6th October 2023. (should any of the Megastar placegetters be placed in the Black Top Final on September 22, their spot in the MDC semi-finals goes to the next finisher in the Black Top final.) (f) Greyhounds that have qualified for the Million Dollar Chase Semi-finals through a regional qualifying final, The Megastar or The Black Top, are ineligible to compete in any other regional qualifying heat or City Qualifying Finals.
7. The Event City Qualifying Finals
(a) Qualifying Finals (City) held at Wentworth Park on: 30TH September 2023 (b) The greyhounds placing first in each qualifying Final (City) will qualify for a place in the Semi Finals (c) The balance of the fields for the semi-finals are made up from the finish positions in the city qualifiers. (d) The order of entry for the Qualifying Finals (Regional and City) will be pursuant to GRNSW Grading Policy guidelines. (e) Reserves for the Semi Finals will be drawn from the next placed greyhounds that did not qualify for the semi-finals. (f) Greyhounds that have qualified for the Million Dollar Chase Semi-Finals through the regional qualifying finals are ineligible to compete in the city qualifying finals.
8. The Event Invitation (a) There will be FOUR (4) Semi Final Invitations offered to the State Sprint Championship held at The Meadows on August 26 to compete in The Event Semi Finals (b) If Invitations are not accepted, runners will be drawn from place getters from The Event City Qualifying Finals based on placing and time.
9. The Event Semi-Finals (a) There will be eight (8) Semi-Finals held at Wentworth Park on 6th October 2023. (b) The greyhound placing First in each Semi-Final will qualify for a place in the Grand Final. If the greyhound placing First in a Semi-Final becomes ineligible for the Grand Final, before the box draw, then the greyhound which places Second will qualify for the Grand Final (and so on as necessary). (c) Two Reserves for the Grand Final will be drawn from the two fastest greyhounds which placed second in a Semi-Final. (d) The greyhound placing second in each Semi-Final will qualify for a place in the Grand Final Consolation. If the greyhound placing Second in a Semi-Final becomes ineligible for the Grand Final consolation, before the box draw, then the greyhound which places Third will qualify for the Grand Final Consolation (and so on as necessary). (e) Two Reserves for the Grand Final Consolation will be drawn from the two fastest greyhounds which placed Third in a Semi-Final.
10. The Event Grand Final (a) There will be one (1) Grand Final held at Wentworth Park on 13th October 2023 (b) There will be one (1) Grand Final Consolation held at Wentworth Park on 13th October 2023 11. Cancellation (a) If any scheduled race meeting forming part of the Event is cancelled or abandoned, GRNSW reserves the right to re-schedule that race meeting to take place on another date in its sole discretion.
The Grand Final Event Prizemoney 12. The total prizemoney for the Grand Final Event will be $1,200,000, to be distributed to the owners of greyhounds placing in the Grand Final as follows: (i) First: $1,000,000 (ii) Second: $100,000 (iii) Third: $45,000 (iv) Fourth: $15,000 (v) Fifth to eighth: $10,000 each
13. No other prizemoney will be distributed in relation to the Grand final Event.
14. GRNSW is not liable for any losses (including loss of opportunity), costs or damage (including direct, indirect or consequential damage) or personal injury suffered or incurred in relation to the Event and/or any Associated Event (including in relation to participation in the Event and/or any Associated Event), which cannot be excluded by law.
15. GWIC reserves the right to, at any time, disqualify any greyhound in respect of which GRNSW has reason to believe that the greyhound or its owner or trainer has not complied with these Terms and Conditions of Entry and/or the GWIC Greyhound Racing Rules.
16. GRNSW reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Event and/or any Associated Event without notice.