Under the provisions of the NSW Grading Policy Clause 3.7 unraced greyhounds must first compete satisfactorily in a performance trial. Clauses 3.8 and 3.9 provide distance qualifications for trialling and Non TAB racing greyhounds.
Where the number of nominations for performance trials exceeds the number required to expediently conduct three performance trials, or an alternate number of trials as determined by the Controlling Body, greyhounds shall be drawn in order, according to the following criteria:
1. Greyhounds nominated for their first performance trial;
2. Greyhounds required to compete satisfactorily after failing a previous performance trial;
3. Greyhounds trialling to satisfy eligibility over a distance greater than 440 metres;
4. Greyhounds having raced satisfactorily in a Non TAB maiden, trialling to satisfy eligibility over a distance greater than 440 metres; or
5. Unraced greyhounds having previously trialled satisfactorily.
Any queries regarding Performance Trial Entry Conditions should be directed to the GRNSW Grading and/or Integrity Departments.
To download the Performance Trial Entry Conditions click here (PDF, 167KB)
Membership is free and will allow you to stay up to date with all the latest information about greyhound racing as well as access to most areas of the website.
Sign up now »
Sign up for free SMS alerts from GRNSW and you will start receiving alerts for things such as nomination extensions and meeting abandonments at your local tracks.
Click below to register your details.
More Info »
Greyhounds As Pets (GAP) is an initiative of Greyhound Racing NSW and is dedicated to finding homes for greyhounds. Greyhounds can make fantastic pets – they are quiet, lazy and gentle dogs that thrive in the family home environment.