Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) and Greyhound Racing New South Wales (GRNSW) conducts the commercial and regulatory functions of the harness and greyhound racing industries in NSW. Operating under the Harness Racing Act 2009 and the Greyhound Racing Act 2009, both controlling bodies are chartered to operate autonomously of government in managing the strategic and commercial development of their industries.
A position exists for an Investigator, to be shared by both HRNSW and GRNSW on a 60/40 arrangement. The suitable candidate will be a direct employee of HRNSW, however is required to perform duties under the direction of GRNSW. The position is based at both Bankstown and Rhodes however travel throughout NSW is required.
This is a key position within the Integrity Departments, and will be involved in the day to day regulatory regime. The successful applicant will be required to undertake the following tasks:
• Ensure compliance by licensed persons and clubs with the Harness Racing Act 2009, the Greyhound Racing Act 2009,and the Rules and Policies;
• Undertake investigations including interviews;
• Analyse evidence and data;
• Prepare reports and briefs of evidence, including making recommendations and findings;
• Undertake raceday and non-raceday observations of animals and persons;
• Provide advice on strategies for both animal and human drug testing;
• Ensure compliance of all venues in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of policies and procedures;
• Provide strategic support and advice to your direct reports;
• Travel maybe required;
This role requires work outside of normal business hours, and may include working at nights, weekends and public holidays.
The applicant should have the following skills and qualifications,
• An understanding of the industries;
• Previous experience within a regulatory environment;
• An understanding of domestic tribunals and the Rules of Racing for both codes;
• Experience in conducting investigations, analysing of evidence and data;
• Experience in undertaking complex interviews and preparations of statements;
• You will demonstrate the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organisation, utilising excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• You will be proficient in using Microsoft Office;
• Commitment to working in a team environment and adherence to the Staff Policy Manual and Code of Conduct;
The successful applicant will be provided a remuneration package based upon their relevant experience.
Please send applications by 5pm, 12 November 2014.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Mr Michael Prentice on (02) 9722 6600.
Membership is free and will allow you to stay up to date with all the latest information about greyhound racing as well as access to most areas of the website.
Sign up now »
GRNSW has launched the Thank Dog It’s Friday racing series which will showcase the best regional racing NSW has to offer in a primetime Friday night slot. As part of the series, seven provincial tracks will stage their feature race meeting heats and finals on a Friday night.
More Info »
Greyhound Racing NSW has introduced a new Masters racing category for any greyhound aged 3 ½ years (42 months) and over. Click here for the full schedule
Greyhounds As Pets (GAP) is an initiative of Greyhound Racing NSW and is dedicated to finding homes for greyhounds. Greyhounds can make fantastic pets – they are quiet, lazy and gentle dogs that thrive in the family home environment.