This is an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic self-starter seeking an opportunity to work across various aspects of the media within a racing environment.
The Communications Manager supports all aspects of the print and digital services of Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) across a diverse base of activities and mediums.
As Communications Manager, you will on a daily, weekly and monthly basis be involved in or actively doing:
• Generating regular and current content for thedogs.com.au and other GRNSW publications;
• Coordinate and assist with the production of GRNSW’s internal and external publications, e-newsletters etc, including the preparation of original material;
• Assist with the writing and distribution of GRNSW Press Releases;
• Assist the General Manager, Media & Content in developing and implementing a pro-active media strategy including the planning and generation of editorial across all media in specific regions of NSW;
• Assist with generating online content including video;
• Proactively seeking editorial coverage;
• Supporting communications strategies;
• Checking / editing of other works within the organisation; and
• Managing form analysis for thedogs.com.au
To succeed in this role, you will possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills and will be capable of working effectively in a fast paced environment with a range of competing priorities.
This role reports directly to the General Manager, Media & Content and is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience in public relations or journalism who wants to work for a leading sporting organisation.
For more information please contact Michael East, General Manager, Media & Content at email@example.com or (02) 8767 0500.
To download an application pack, please click here (PDF 52KB)
Applications close Monday 17 February 2014.
Membership is free and will allow you to stay up to date with all the latest information about greyhound racing as well as access to most areas of the website.
Sign up now »
As trainers are becoming more familiar with the OzChase system GRNSW is expanding the ability to nominate directly into races. These are known as ‘Race Events’ in the online nomination portal and instructions on how to nominate directly can be found in the link below.
More Info »
A new national rule - GAR 84A - which requires participants to keep records detailing all treatments administered to greyhounds in their care, will come into effect across Australia on 1 January 2014. Click here for more information
Greyhounds As Pets (GAP) is an initiative of Greyhound Racing NSW and is dedicated to finding homes for greyhounds. Greyhounds can make fantastic pets – they are quiet, lazy and gentle dogs that thrive in the family home environment.