Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) and Greyhound Racing New South Wales (GRNSW) conducts the commercial and regulatory functions of the harness and greyhound racing industries in NSW. Operating under the Harness Racing Act 2009 and the Greyhound Racing Act 2009, both controlling bodies are chartered to operate autonomously of government in managing the strategic and commercial development of their industries.
A position exists for an Investigator, to be shared by both HRNSW and GRNSW on a 60/40 arrangement. The suitable candidate will be a direct employee of HRNSW, however is required to perform duties under the direction of GRNSW. The position is based at both Bankstown and Rhodes however travel throughout NSW is required.
This is a key position within the Integrity Departments, and will be involved in the day to day regulatory regime. The successful applicant will be required to undertake the following tasks:
• Ensure compliance by licensed persons and clubs with the Harness Racing Act 2009, the Greyhound Racing Act 2009,and the Rules and Policies;
• Undertake investigations including interviews;
• Analyse evidence and data;
• Prepare reports and briefs of evidence, including making recommendations and findings;
• Undertake raceday and non-raceday observations of animals and persons;
• Provide advice on strategies for both animal and human drug testing;
• Ensure compliance of all venues in accordance with policies and procedures;
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of policies and procedures;
• Provide strategic support and advice to your direct reports;
• Travel maybe required;
This role requires work outside of normal business hours, and may include working at nights, weekends and public holidays.
The applicant should have the following skills and qualifications,
• An understanding of the industries;
• Previous experience within a regulatory environment;
• An understanding of domestic tribunals and the Rules of Racing for both codes;
• Experience in conducting investigations, analysing of evidence and data;
• Experience in undertaking complex interviews and preparations of statements;
• You will demonstrate the ability to work effectively at all levels of an organisation, utilising excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• You will be proficient in using Microsoft Office;
• Commitment to working in a team environment and adherence to the Staff Policy Manual and Code of Conduct;
The successful applicant will be provided a remuneration package based upon their relevant experience.
Click here for the full Position Description.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send applications by no later than 5pm, 12 November 2014.
For further information please call Michael Prentice on (02) 9722 6600.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive racing body and play a key role in the implementation of the National Greyhound Welfare Strategy as a member of a specialist Education & Welfare unit tasked with protecting and enhancing the health and welfare of all greyhounds in NSW.
In this role you will form part of a team that is responsible for overseeing licensed persons’ adherence to the NSW Greyhound Code of Practice for the Keeping of Greyhounds in Training and compliance with the welfare aspects of the Rules of Racing. This is a field based role and involves working with people, as well as animals, with the team conducting over 2,000 property inspections on an annual basis
To be successful in this role, you will have a thorough understanding of the rules, policies and procedures governing the conduct of greyhound racing together with animal welfare regulations and principles. Ideally you will have experience in a regulatory or compliance role whilst experience in working with animals is desirable.
You will utilise your demonstrated problem solving skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills to build to build rapport and to create an environment of continuous improvement within the industry. The position requires a significant level of travel throughout NSW.
The successful applicants must have a current NSW driver’s licence and be computer literate.
An attractive salary will be offered including mobile phone, laptop and motor vehicle with provision for private use (contribution).
Click here for the full Application Pack.
Applications close Monday 17 November at 5pm via email to email@example.com.
For further details contact Tony O’Mara, General Manager Education & Welfare on (02) 8767 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership is free and will allow you to stay up to date with all the latest information about greyhound racing as well as access to most areas of the website.
Sign up now »
GRNSW is committed to keeping participants and other stakeholders informed about the industry consultation that it conducts. You can keep up to date with consultation GRNSW conducts by visiting the Industry Consultation page of the website.
More Info »
Greyhound Racing NSW has introduced a new Masters racing category for any greyhound aged 3 ½ years (42 months) and over. Click here for the full schedule
Greyhounds As Pets (GAP) is an initiative of Greyhound Racing NSW and is dedicated to finding homes for greyhounds. Greyhounds can make fantastic pets – they are quiet, lazy and gentle dogs that thrive in the family home environment.